Sunday, September 17, 2017

Part 2 – confusion in how to determine the facing/sitting direction of the individual unit to calculate the natal chart



Part 2 – confusion in how to determine the facing/sitting direction of the individual unit to calculate the natal chart

I believe this is one of the greatest feng shui confusion regarding high-rise condominium buildings as there are many different approaches even among the “masters”. In Hong Kong, it is very common that each individual unit in high-rise condominium has different entrance door orientation; very often they are not in line with the main entrance of the building. Therefore, some “masters” will use the side of the building facing the main road as the facing direction of the unit, others will use the side where the house number is located; another school of thought will use the side with the most window exposure as the facing direction (以陽為向) of the unit to calculate the natal or flying stars chart. Of course, the majority of the practitioners will use the entrance door of each individual unit to determine the facing direction instead.

So, which is the proper method then? Well, all I can say is it all depends. In my practice, I will calculate the natal chart of both the main entrance door of the building and the entrance door of the individual unit, and compare the results of the two natal charts, i.e. to confirm with my client some events happened based on the revelation from each individual chart. This will give me some idea which chart is more compatible with the feng shui of the unit. Of course, this requires extensive knowledge of the implications of the 81 flying star combinations and the influence of the annual and monthly flying stars.

However, even with this approach, I still find out that it is not really as effective in comparison with a single detached house where the entrance door is in line with the facing direction of the house. Therefore, I believe that there must be a more logical and scientific way to solve this problem. As we all know, under the Xuan Kong Flying Star feng shui, the natal chart is basically showing the chi pattern (flying star combinations) at the nine (9) sectors of the house, which is indicated by the combination of the facing, sitting and base star of the sector. It is critical to have an accurate reading of the facing/sitting direction in order to obtain an accurate finding of the feng shui for the unit.

Lately, I have been given this matter a lot of thoughts and after many research from the classical feng shui texts, I have come up with another approach which I believe will make more sense in this context.

Firstly, I believe once the foundation work has been started, both the front and back of the building (orientation) is already clearly defined. Simply put, the sitting and facing direction of the building is already fixed.

Secondly, in feng shui, we believe that chi is attracted through the entrance door which is also referred as the “mouth of chi”. Thus, in theory, the facing direction shall be determined by the facing of the entrance door.

Thirdly, under the Xuan Kong Flying Star feng shui ideas, all the units of a high-rise condominium building are referred as “separate” room (分房), since they are under the same roof of the building, therefore they are sharing the same chi pattern of the building.

Based on the above theory, I have come up with a different approach of calculating the natal chart for the units where its entrance doors’ facing direction is different from the main structure: the sitting/mountain star will be based on the sitting direction of the main building while the facing/water star shall be based on the facing direction of each individual unit’s entrance door instead.

In order to prove that this is the right approach, it is necessary to perform some real-life study. With this in mind, I am going to offer this opportunity to those readers of my blog site who are currently living in high-rise condominium; and are interested in assisting me in this research a free feng shui study. It will limit to the first 50 families. If you are interested, you can email me directly.

PS – Since I take pride in my works, I will always take much preparation time to post the informative and educated feng shui articles on my blog site. Nonetheless, in order for me to do this, I need your support. Therefore, if you find my feng shui postings helpful and informative, I am grateful if you will give your support by giving donations to this blog site (any amount, like $10, $20 are welcome). You can simply click on the “donate” button on the bottom right of the blog page. Thank you very much for your support!
















2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Classical Feng Shui

Ovi P. said...

Hello Mr Chan,

After more than 2 years since you posted this article, I hope you got the 50 cases needed for your study. Can you please tell us what is the result of your proposed theory?

Thank you for sharing with us all this great info!